I’ll admit it, my twenties are quickly coming to a close…*sigh*. Looking back over my younger years I realize that there were some questionable actions on my part, but I’d say that overall, my parents should thank me for being such a good kid. They have WAY less gray hairs than should be allowed for their
age years of wisdom. Anyway, to the point… I’ve accomplished quite a bit with my existence here on earth but it’s always good to focus on what’s to come, and with that thought in mind I have compiled a list of thirty ‘experiences’ that I would like to achieve before turning thirty. The following are pieces of my tales to adulthood (in no particular order):
1. Travel to at least
5 15 (I don’t think I was being realistic with my original number) more countries. Currently I have been to Canada, Mexico, England, Scotland, Germany, Austria (only driven through so I’m not sure this counts), and Italy.
- Spain (July 3rd, 2013)
- France (April 6th, 2013)
- The Netherlands (April 13th, 2013)
- Luxembourg (May 11th, 2013)
- Czech Republic (February, 2014)
- Belgium (February 14th, 2015)
2. Have another baby (or at least be pregnant)…holy buckets I just wrote that! Considering the trouble we had having the twins, this may be a lot harder than you’d think. (After my visit back to Nebraska where I met with Dr. Bighands, this may be a lot more difficult than I originally thought, so this 30 before 30 may need to be revised…)
- Our very much welcome, but little “oopsie” arrived December 20th, 2014. He is officially the best souvenir we will be taking home with us!
3. Eat something completely unexpected for me (for those who don’t know me well, I am a meat and potatoes kind of girl), maybe a local delicacy that would be considered taboo or disgusting to the general American public.
- Ate a raw salted herring sandwich with pickles while in the Netherlands on April 13th, 2013. I was told it was very traditional…and I hate fish, especially raw fish so this event will go under this category until I do something more ‘taboo’.
4. Write a book. It may only be ten pages and not be published but, hey…it’d be a start right?
5. Run a 5k.
6. Reach 200 followers of this blog.
7. Dance with a street performer (or dance to a street performance).
8. Create a YouTube video that gets at least 5,000 views.
9. Do something involving heights (heights and I do not get along…at…all).
10. Dedicate a day to the boys, wherever they want to go/see/do…nothing will be off-limits (unless it causes bodily harm of course, but I think you understand where I am going with this one).
11. Get a tattoo. (added 5/21/2013)
- Completed 12/26/2013, I now have a tattoo depicting the constellation Gemini (not the symbol…the actual constellation) located just above my heart. Its a representation of being a twin, and being a mom of twins.
12. Sing karaoke. (added 7/2/2013)
13. Ride a tandem bike. (added 03/09/2015)
14. Ride a segway. (added 03/09/2015)
15. Have reconstructive surgery to put my stomach back together. (Having twins, followed by a larger baby cause a 5+ inch separation in my abdomen muscles (sever Diastasis Recti) (added 03/09/2015)
16. Take part in a creative photo session, either as the model, or as the photographer. (added 03/09/2015)
To be continued…